LOGSET WILL CLOSE PRODUCTION FOR APRIL 2020
Logset needs to ensure that proper measures are taken quickly to minimize the effects of the global Corona virus pandemic on the Logset business. As the virus is now spreading worldwide, the effects of the pandemic include currency rate volatilities as well as many countries issuing travel restrictions and even closing their borders. Logset personnel is doing everything we can to continue doing business as effectively as possible by working remotely.
Friday March 20th the company concluded the co-determination meetings in which the following decisions were made:
- Production will be closed for the month of April.
- The entire production staff will be laid off in April
- Most of other Logset personnel will also be laid off or work limited hours in April
- During the month of April, the aftersales services will continue to work from the Vanha Vaasa location, including spare part deliveries and remote dealer & customer support.
- Our sales and dealer support activities will continue remotely as well.
Decision was made because we want to ensure minimal infection risk for our production and office staff and to cut down our operational costs to the minimum until it is safe to work in groups and until the virus is under control. As of now the plan is to resume production and deliveries from May 4th, 2020 onwards.
Our plan is to resume business as usual immediately when it is possible, but it is, needless to say that everyone’s first priority and focus needs to be staying healthy and not spreading the virus.
The whole Logset team wishes you strength to cope with the situation!